This salad is one of my favorite go-to salads for any pot luck or BBQ. The ingredients are available year around and Its crisp, fresh, and savory combo is always a crowd pleaser.
The key to making this ahead of time is to thoroughly dry all the vegetables after washing. That way all the vegetables stay fresh and crisp.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Total Time: 20m
- Serves: 12
- Category: Salads
- 6 oz lettuce, chopped
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 1 1/2 c celery, diced
- 1/4 c bacon crumbles
- 4 eggs, halved and sliced
- 8 oz ham, cubed
- 1 1/2 c frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp. ranch dressing mix
- 1 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c green onions, finely diced
- With stand or hand mixer, beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, and ranch dressing mix until smooth. Set aside.
- In a trifle dish, layer lettuce, spinach, celery, bacon crumbles, eggs, ham, green onions, and sweet peas.
- Spread prepared dressing evening over the salad.
- Top with shredded cheese.